Birthday Book Club
North Beach Birthday Book Club
Did you know that we have a birthday book club at North Beach Elementary? This is a great way to celebrate your child’s birthday with a unique gift that will last for years and impact the lives of many. Are grandparents or other family members always asking what they can get your child? Do you need a gift for your child’s classmate’s birthday? Then the NB Birthday Book Club may be the answer.
Join the North Beach Birthday Book Club by buying a book from the NB Library’s Wish List and donating it in a child’s name to the NB library! We do request the books be hard covered to ensure they will last through the years.
The celebration includes:
- A special label with your child’s name on the inside cover of the donated book(s). This is a great remembrance for years to come.
- The student will get to present the book to their class and get first check-out, so they may read the book and tell their classmates all about it.
- All birthday book donations are placed on a special shelf in the library for students to access anytime.
The purchase process:
- Have your child choose a book from the North Beach Wish List Feel free to purchase locally too! Secret Garden Books and Phinney Books are two local bookstores we often partner with and I know would appreciate your business; they just don’t have convenient wish list capabilities on their websites. So please, use the Amazon Wish List to choose a book, or buy locally if you wish!
- Fill out this form
- Purchase book and have it delivered to the school c/o Mrs. Bakker/Library or arrange for delivery/pick-up.
*Books on the list are carefully chosen to add to the curated NB Library collection. Books are added to the list frequently and reflect newly published titles with starred reviews, fill gaps in our collection in targeted categories, or complete a series when new books come out. Thank you for only purchasing books from the list for the NB Birthday Book Club. If you know of a great new title that you’d like to recommend, but is not on the list, send Mrs. Bakker an
email telling her why she should consider it in the future!
Thank you in advance for considering a donation to the library as an additional fun way for your child to celebrate their birthday. Scholarships are available upon request.
If you have any questions, please contact Luci Bakker email@example.com.